|The Beverage-Coaster Treehouse Board Game|
|Max. Players:||4 (5 with Black Martian Coaster)|
|Icehouse stashes:||warning.png“” is no number.|
|Other equipment:||six-sided die, Black Martian Coaster (optional)|
|Setup time:||1 minute|
|Min. Playing time:||5 minutes|
|Max. Playing time:||10 minutes|
|Primary Mechanic:||Dynamic board|
|BGG Link:||Martian Coasters|
Martian Coasters is a race game using a Treehouse set and four special coasters. Players roll dice (one d6 and 1 Treehouse die) and maneuver their trio toward a goal point, and have the opportunity to manipulate board segments along the way. The first person to assemble their pyramids into a nest on their goal wins.
This game works with either a Xeno or a Rainbow treehouse set, since the colors of the coasters correspond to a Rainbow set and the arrows on the coasters correspond to a Xeno set, meaning either color set would work (custom sets of icehouse pieces not based on either of these color schemes, however, might have some trouble).
Martian Coasters was published by Looney Labs in November 2006.
Giant Martian Coasters is a proposed game for Origins 2007.
Designed by Andrew Looney, 2006.
- Official Looney Labs web page
- Martian Coasters for sale at the Looney Labs store.
- Looney Labs rules PDF with print-your-own coasters.
- Original Wunderland Martian Coasters web page.
- Martian Coasters is listed on BoardGameGeek.
- The 2006 promo coaster for five-player games.
- For a 6-player game of Martian Coasters, there is an unofficial a template on two A3 pages that needs the 2006 promo coaster above and uses a "virtual coaster" printed on the page. The game is played as if you're on a cube (it wraps around the edges, hopping is not allowed) and is available as a PDF here.
- GUIDED TOUR: a video introduction to Martian Coasters.
- RULES Q&A: Andy's video about Martian Coaster Separation Anxiety
|Additional Mechanic||Stacking +|
|BGG Link||Http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25423 Martian Coasters +|
|Description||The Beverage-Coaster Treehouse Board Game|
|Designer||Andrew Looney +|
|Max. Players||4 (5 with Black Martian Coaster) +|
|Max. Playing Time||10 minutes +|
|Min. Players||2 +|
|Min. Playing Time||5 minutes +|
|Name||Martian Coasters +|
|Other Equipment||six-sided die, Black Martian Coaster (optional) +|
|Primary Mechanic||Dynamic board +|
|Primary Theme||Abstract +|
|Random Chance||Medium +|
|Rules Complexity||Low +|
|Setup Time||1 minute +|
|Stashes||warning.png“” is no number.|
|Strategy Depth||Low +|